Rua Pedroso, 238
Bela Vista São Paulo – SP
Next to São Joaquim metro station – Line 1 Blue
Abertura do galpão
Wednesday and Friday: 9a.m. to 5p.m.
Thursday: 9a.m. 8p.m.
Saturday: 9a.m. to 5p.m.
Visit to the patio of houses
Thursdays and Fridays: 4p.m. Saturdays: 2p.m. Vila Itororó does not open on holidays. When visiting the patio, the usage of closed footwear is compulsory. In case of rain, visits to the patio will be suspended. email@example.com
About the visits to the patio of houses
A visit to the patio of houses allows the visitor to share in the state of the restoration process. The tour also describes the development of Vila Itororó, which contains a little of the formation of the city of São Paulo itself. The visitor has access to the many histories that compose the ensemble: its conception as a “house-monument” surrounded by houses for rent, the issue of water as a structuring element in Vila Itororó’s life, the Eden Liberdade Club and the resistance of the families who have lived in the last decades in the site. The public is stimulated to imagine, debate and take part in the discussions regarding the future usages of Vila Itororó, so that the meaning of the preservation of a public heritage site is appropriated collectively. Duration:up to 1h30min Limit of visitors: up to 30 people Tickets: The visit is free. No previous booking is necessary, unless it is a group of more than 15 people. Just arrive at the site (entrance at rua Pedroso, 238) a little ahead of starting time. In case of groups of over 15 people, please use our contact page to book a date and time for a visit. Safety rules: visitors are not allowed to join a group once the visit has begun. The use of hard hats is compulsory – they are available on site – and also compulsory is the usage of closed footwear. Photographs: photographs are allowed during the visit. For further inquiries, please go to our FAQ page.
About the sheed
Atualmente, o Instituto Pedra não é mais responsável pelas atividades que acontecem no galpão da Rua Pedroso. Para mais informações, entre em contato com a Secretaria Municipal de Cultura de São Paulo: firstname.lastname@example.org Vila Itororó’s construction site encompasses both the patio and the buildings, where the restoration work proper takes place. Such is the case of the shed opening to rua Pedroso 238, which presently is the only entrance to Vila Itororó. The opening hours for the site as a whole must not be confused with the specific visiting hours to the patio of houses. The section of the site that remains open most of the time to the public is the shed, where it is possible to cast a panoramic gaze over the whole Vila Itororó. This shed, built in the 1920’s, was expropriated, among other reasons, in order to create a fourth access to Vila Itororó, which could be reached through three streets surrounding the block where it is sited. There we find the project’s offices, the areas used by the cultural activation teams and by the workers of the restoration site, plus a woodworking workshop, a library and a kitchen. A temporary cultural centrewas installed in the worksite. The diverse experimentations and the public debates carried out in this shed will inspire the future usages of Vila Itororó. In order for such usages to be diverse, encompassing and even surprising, one of the curatorial proposals for the space involved thinking the shed as a big public square, open to spontaneous usages by the public.
How to use the space
The general rules for the usage of the space are:
- All actions must take place during the opening hours and in the spaces designated by the cultural activation team (it is not possible to book an area in the shed);
- Activities must not be of a commercial, advertising or political party nature;
- Each individual/group must respect the other individual/groups that use the space, including the permanent workers of the site (e.g., it is possible to carry out an activity with a sound device, provided the sound does not interfere in the other activities around it, including work in the offices of the restoration worksite*);
- Vila Itororó will not be used to host fairs, exhibitions or performances as part of the spontaneous usage. Processes and rehearsals will take priority, not results, because it is a working site, where everything is under construction – including the very notion of culture;
- As regras coletivas podem ser revistas e repensadas pelo público junto à equipe de ativação cultural e novas regras podem ser criadas, a partir de inspirações, necessidades e problemas que surgirem dos próprios usos. *O volume de som permitido será determinado por integrante da equipe de ativação cultural presente no galpão. Quando uma atividade precisar de som em volume alto para acontecer, essa atividade não pode integrar os usos espontâneos do espaço, sendo necessária uma conversa prévia com a equipe de ativação cultural, para ver se é possível agendar a atividade em data(s) específica(s). A ideia é que nenhuma atividade espontânea se sobreponha a todas as demais